Berserker Deep Down

~ My Life ~ My Journey ~ My Destiny ~

[83] Of Flaws, Changes and Growing Up

Haven't been blogging as much lately..
Just doesn't feel like it...
Maybe in a few months' time when I'm in uni...
Then probably I'll have more privacy to do so...

Recently, a few friends of mine have been blogging about "flaws", "changes" and "growing up"...
Kinda interesting topics and related to each other...
Here's my view on that...

It's a man's natural instinct to criticise people...
The way a person looks... The way a person thinks...
The way a person acts... The way a person behaves..
Because everyone has flaws...

Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE (yes, including you you-hot-looking-stuff-in-front of-the-monitor-reading-my-blog-right-now-person)..
It doesn't matter how flawed a person is...
It matters the most when we admit that we are indeed FLAWED...
It takes much courage to do so...
"I'm short.. I'm fat... I'm not good-looking... I suck in sports... I'm a nerd..."

So what if I'm all of the above???
Does it mean that my life is DOOMED???
Does it mean that I should die so that i do not pass this "disease" of flaws on??
Well... Some of us, in a way, do think like this, do we??
But not me... Yes.. We are beautifully flawed...
I might suck in sports... But I definitely excel in my studies...
Does that make me a nerd???
If you wanna put it that way, be my guest...
I don't mind... Maybe just a bit...

But... Do I have to live with my flaws all my life???
Do I have back away from doing sports 'cos I suck at it??
Do I have to feel embarrassed just because my body looks like a pumpkin??
NO!!! Some flaws can be "fixed"... Some flaws can be "beautified"..
Not all though... I'm short as I am... And I know that...
Others, can be "treated"...
My body for example... I can work out so that I look less "prosperous"..
It helps improve my health too....
I can also participate in sports even though I'm not good at it... Just for fun..
The only matter that is in the way is US... OURSELVES...

We have to take the first step ourselves... To change our mindset...
Then only everything else will come easily....
It's just like growing up... A scary yet inevitable process...
We can't always tell people "Hello Uncle, I'm 5 years old. And I wanna poo poo..."
We grow... Our bodies change... So as our mind...
We grow lots of hair (you know what I mean, right?)... Our appearance changes...
And... Our thoughts mature... We think differently as before...
Why??? Why CAN we grow???
It's because that we want to... It's because we accept all those changes in us...

Yes... Our childhood is sweet... Lots of enjoyment... No stress...
Just like our flaws... As beautiful as it is...
But... Our teens are even sweeter... We learn things...
We meet people... We go places... But we have changed...
Just like our "polished" flaws.. More beautiful as before...

*Some things changed, some will be the same.*

0 pats on the back:

Post a Comment