Berserker Deep Down

~ My Life ~ My Journey ~ My Destiny ~

[57] I've Survived A CGBC Youth Camp!!!

Ok... It's not as terrible as it sounds...
It was a really great experience and enjoyable camp...
But there's something bout me that everyone should know...
I like being in my comfort zone and it's really hard for me to adapt to new environments..

After i've registered for the camp, there was really this weird feeling of fear whether i made the right choice or not... Whether i'll fit in or whether is it the right thing for me to do...
I know that i'll enjoy it there... With Ming Sheng and his gang of course...
But somehow... There was still this sense of insecurity that i felt...

Throughout the camp... I've been quite passive... It's the way i am...
If you've known me for a while, you'll probably know me as a different person...
But being in a new environment... 3 days wasn't enough for me to adapt...
It wasn't enough for me to get that sense of belonging...
It wasn't enough for me to open up myself to people around me...

But.. The whole experience was AWESOME...
Even though it was a small step out my comfort zone...
It made a lot of difference... Especially spiritual-wise...
Sessions with Pastor Jason really helped me a lot on how to proceed in life...
There were a few times when his words really struck me deep down...
Matters i realised even before i joined this camp...
And i know i need to change myself i order to be a better person...

Nonetheless... There were so many FIRST for me in this camp...
FIRST time participating in a camp not organised by societies in school...
FIRST time having a camp in a hotel...
FIRST time in a group which has two names (Sarai-Sarah)...
FIRST time dressing formal in a camp...
FIRST time having spiritual sessions in camp...
FIRST time winning in a camp....
And all this FIRSTs really made this camp memorable...

Here's some other things which will remind me of this great experience...


The name tag... Before...

And the name tag... After...

Here's our name tags after the makeover... See where mine fits in..

A couple of bookmarks i got during ice-breaking...

The HOLY BIBLE... Gonna (try) finish reading it during this long holidays...

Sarah was top among the 6 groups!!! And we won bracelets!!!

Undeniably... It was a an experience of a lifetime...
Maybe next year i'll get someone to join as well if i'm around town...
So i can get to say this...

I've Survived A CGBC Youth Camp!!!

CGBC Youths... All of you are AWESOME!!!

See... I still look COOL!!!

1 pats on the back:

Awesome! glad u enjoyed the camp..haha..

sounds fun eh..:)

 

Post a Comment