Berserker Deep Down

~ My Life ~ My Journey ~ My Destiny ~

[64] Form 6: Accidential Encounter

This will be the first post for the long series..
To some... It may just be boring or lame or stale...
But if you're interested... Just read on...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Well... As the title suggest...
I didn't actually plan to study Form 6...
In fact... Form Six was actually my last choice of pre-u...
Matriculation was more appealing than Form Six two years back...
But now... It all seemed different...

* * * * *

After my SPM, i was admitted to Fatimah Hospital for a minor surgery...
For those who are curious what kind of illness it was...
It's a rare condition... Umbilical Sinus.. Complicated?
Just imagine blood and mucus "leaking" from your umbilicus...
During that time, i also found out that i major health problem...
I have high triglyceride (oil) level and my cholesterol level was the borderline case...

It took me 2 months to fully recover from the surgery...
The wound had to be cleaned by saline and stuffed with ribbon gauze everyday...
Twice a day... Guess how painful that was!!!
Antibiotics and supplements were inevitable...
And all those medicine made me a very sick boy...
I even have to stay home during Chinese New Year due to high fever...
I took a change in diet...
Less fat... Less salt... Less calories (not Kenny Rogers though)...
Less portion of food....

Luckily.. I'd recover by the time the SPM results were out...
And i was really looking forward to that moment of triumph...
Grabbing that piece of paper and feeling proud of myself because i got....
9A1s... 1A2... 1B3????? What The Fuck!!!!

I really had high hopes for myself...
In school, i wasn't weak... Top 10 (or was that 20?) in school...
At home, i have a bet with mom... RM5000 for straight... or nothing...
Well... At that point... I felt weak... Weak to the knees... Weak to the bones...
No tears though... I wasn't going to cry...
I'm too tough for that...

Despite feeling weak... I continued with scholarship applications...
JPA... PETRONAS.. UNITEN... MATRICULATION...
As i said... I have high hopes for myself...
And one by one... The applications failed...
Wasn't selected for PETRONAS...
MATRICULATION rejected me...
Failed my interview for JPA...
Rejected the interview at UNITEN...
(because i dun like the course they offer... And it was the say before my JPA interview...)

With every hope lost... I thought...
Private colleges offered scholarships too...
So i attended some roadshows with my mom...
But the fees were way too expensive... Even with bursaries...
So... The last option was...
FORM 6....

Got my offer letter from school... Went for the 3 days of Orientation...
And continued to appeal for JPA and MATRICULATION for the next few weeks...
Which was to no avail...
Well... Form 6 it is... Since i have no choice...

All of these failures happened only in just 5 months...
And the world and everything since to be against me for no reason...
I lost all the confident i had (not that i had much in the first place)...
My life was disastrous... I AM A FAILURE!!!
At least that was what i thought...
But... Now I know...

FORM 6 ~ the RIGHT CHOICE to make!!!

~ To be continued ~

0 pats on the back:

Post a Comment